Sunday 24 May 2009

Cakes



























I am a chocoholic so making these cakes for others is such a nightmare, all I want to do is eat them myself but then I wouldn't make any money on them!! One of the greatest pleaseures in making them is the delight on the faces of my customers.


Strangely enough my chocolate cake started life the 1st time I was facing redundancy at work about 2 and a half years ago. On the day we were due to find out if we had our jobs or not I made a big cake for all the managers. I took it in and spent the day handing out cake to those nervously waiting. It gave us something to do while we waited and made me feel great because everyone raved about the cake. That time I kept my job so after that I started making it for my team for treats or on my birthday. This escalated into brownies for the guys in resource and before I knew it I was selling the cakes from a stall at work on an occassional basis. From there people started asking me to make cakes for them and I haven't looked back. Now I'm not working a 9-5 job I have more time to do this if anyone is interested, in fact I have branched out to birthday cakes for friends too.










2 comments:

  1. wow, I love the ballerina cake - tis fabby!!!!!! (and I'm trying not to think about the yummy chocolate cakes)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too Kate. I'm foing well on the diet this week so don't want to jinx it.

    ReplyDelete