Monday 25 May 2009

Don't you just love muffins?!?!?!?!




I really love muffins, that's why one of the first things I bought from Pampered Chef for myself was a stoneware muffin pan. Now if you know me you probably know that I am usually on a Weight Watchers diet so hearing me talk about muffins you'll be sat there asking yourself how many points are in muffins?!?!?!? Well I have a low fat recipe for muffins that works out at just 3 and half points per chocolate muffin, not bad eh?


So I bought this muffin pan and so far I have not made muffins in it, instead I got way too excited about the neat trick I was told about for the pan. See the yorkshire puddings in the picture? They were made in the stoneware pan. For me that is an achievement, I am inconsistent to say the least with my puddings and about 50% of the time they fall flat when I take them out. Since using the muffin pan I have had 100% success at getting perfect puddings to rise this high and not collapse. I am so pleased. But the most staggering thing is the fact that no oil or fat was used when making these and the muffin pan was stone cold when I put them in the oven. I kid you not!! This is a trick that the great Houdini would be proud of, and one I will be using in my shows in the future.


So the large muffin pan was such a success that I got really excited when I achieved my first sales bonus and recieved the mini muffin pan and tart stamper. I thought at least I would start making muffins, but then again I was sidetracked. Instead I made these gorgeous little jam tarts which came out of the tin like a dream and are so scrumptiously cute, and these are just the rejects where I added too much jam!
So for all those watching their weight, here is a recipe for gorgeous chocolate muffins for just 3 and half points each.
Chocolate Chip Muffins

9oz or 250g SR Flour
1/2 tsp or 2.5ml Bicarnonate of Soda
1/2 tsp or 2.5ml Salt
5 tbsp or 75ml Unsweetened Cocoa powder
1 Egg
5 oz or 110g Muscavado sugar
1 tsp or 5ml Vanilla Essence
3oz or 85g Melted butter/margarine
9floz or 260ml Milk
4 oz or 100g Chocolate chips

1. Sift the flour, bicarb, salt and cocoa together
2. Beat the egg and add the sugar, milk, vanilla and then the melted butter
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until no dry ingredients are left
4. Add the chocolate chips and mix well
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes on 190 C/Gas 5/375 F

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Stop it Joe! I'm just about to embark on a low-carb diet and I'm already feeling my willpower ebbing away with this torture you disguise as muffins! In fact, what about low-carb recipes? There's a thought to keep you busy...

    ReplyDelete